A staple zucchini recipe of mine is Zucchini muffins. I usually just make banana bread muffins, but substitute the zucchini. I tried something different with Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins recipe from Will Cook for Smiles. These cute little shapes are from my Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan from back in my Pampered Chef days. I love it because, the muffins pop right out and you don’t have to deal with liners.
I made these with the intention of bringing them to my classmates last week, but ate too many of them throughout the week, so they will be getting the authentic muffins next week.
And of course, muffins are freezable. It is nice because if you are only having a few people over, you can take out a few at a time. I will usually take them out of the freezer to defrost a few hours before serving. If I want one immediately, I will take it right out of the freezer, into the toaster oven on toast for a few minutes and it is like it came freshly baked out of the oven.
Here is my fancy photography. By fancy, I mean I turned the flash off and hit the focus thing to get the cute one in front.
2 cups of shredded zucchini
4 oz of dark chocolate, melted
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a muffin pan.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix and set aside.
3. Beat eggs and sugar together on a medium speed for about a minute.
4. Slowly add oil while the mixer is on.
5. Add shredded zucchini and vanilla extract, keep mixing.
6. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the dry mixture.
7. Add the melted chocolate and mix until all the ingredients are combined. 8. Divide the batter between the muffin cups and bake for 30-35 minutes. I usually do 20 minutes in the silicone pan.